The Accessibility Program gives tenants living with disabilities a chance to work with staff and others to make accessible improvements to their units and common areas so they can participate in community life.
The program supports:
- Toronto Seniors Housing’s Human Rights, Harassment and Fair Access Policy
- The Ontario Human Rights Code
- The City of Toronto Accessibility Plan
The success of the Accessibility Program relies on the cooperation of staff, tenants, family members and agencies to make cost-effective modifications for tenants. Sometimes a tenant may have to relocate to a different unit or building because it is the best way to meet the request.
When making accessible improvements to common areas in buildings with elevators, tenants and staff should focus on front entrances, recreation spaces, parking and laundry rooms.
Staff need your completed form(s) before they can move ahead with your request.
- Accommodation requests: Have your doctor complete the Medical Questionnaire (PDF).
- Consent form: By filling out this Consent Form (PDF), you give us permission to disclose your personal information and to discuss your tenancy with Toronto Community Housing and with specified third parties if necessary.
- Need help? See the tip sheet on making an accommodation request (PDF).
- Assistive equipment request through an agency: Please complete the Assistive Device Tenant Acknowledgement Form (PDF).
Who should complete the forms?