Skip to main content
Skip to main content
Change Language:

Copyright © 2024 Toronto Seniors Housing Corporation

Transfer categories and how to apply

  1. Special Priority Program for Survivors of Domestic Abuse or Human Trafficking: apply with the City of Toronto via separate form and application.
  2. Crisis Priority: apply via the Tenant Support Centre at or 416-945-0800 or by mailing your application to 423 Yonge St., 2nd Floor, Toronto, ON  M5B 1T2 to the attention of the Intake Specialist.
  3. Overhoused: apply through Regional office.
  4. Underhoused: apply through your local Regional office. 

Accessibility and Accommodation

This applies if the tenant or authorized household member is requesting accommodation based on an Ontario Human Rights Code identified ground. All requests must be submitted through your Regional office.

The application must demonstrate the following:

  • The request must be made on the basis of an Ontario Human Rights Code identified ground.
  • For a disability-related request, the application must be supported by medical documentation showing that the duty to accommodate can only be met by a transfer to another unit.
  • For any Ontario Human Rights Code identified ground that does not relate to disability, the application must be supported by relevant documentation showing that the duty to accommodate can only be met by a transfer to another unit.

Note: for accessibility and accommodation requests, Toronto Seniors Housing will always attempt to reasonably accommodate the need in the current unit before considering a transfer.

Complete the Transfer Request Form (PDF) if you are requesting a transfer for any of the reasons above other than Special Priority Program (SPP). For SPP, you will need to submit an application through the Rent-Geared-to-Income Subsidy program. For an Accessibility/Accommodation transfer, you also need to fill out the Medical Questionnaire (PDF)

Should you want to change/update the Region listed on your current Overhoused or Underhoused application, please print off the attached Areas of Preference form and submit it to your local Regional office.