As we approach the end of our first full year as a new organization, I am thankful for the dedication and collaborative spirit that defines Toronto Seniors Housing. It is the combined efforts of all our teams working together, with tenants, service providers, and community partners, that keep us moving forward. Together, we have reached some impressive milestones:
- Approval of our Interim Strategic Directions, outlining our key activities, milestones, and measures that guided us this past year and will guide us in 2024.
- Building out our community partnerships, including finalizing our partnership with Baycrest Hospital and North Toronto Ontario Health Team to help senior tenants age at home. We are now working to expand services to tenants with Baycrest and other community partners.
- Development of our new approach to working with tenants – Community Connect+. With support from Toronto Metropolitan University and Toronto Public Library facilitators, we actively listened to tenant needs and wants on how we could improve health, well-being, and create more opportunities to socialize socialization for tenants.
- Supporting Community Connect+ is a new Community Activities Fund to encourage tenant-led initiatives in an equitable and fair way.
- Lowering our vacancy rate from over five per cent, to just under two per cent since forming in June 2022. This is a result of staff efforts to improve processes and simplify procedures for tenants.
These are a sampling of our achievements over the last year. They are the result of our dedication to tenants and commitment to collaboration. Our teams have spent hours working together with tenants and other stakeholders to move these and other initiatives forward. The feedback has been positive. Our open communication and active listening made our bond stronger and has created an inclusive community where everyone feels heard and valued. Thank you to those that have partnered with us over the last year to reach these milestones.
We look forward to continuing and expanding on the work that we started last year. On behalf Toronto Seniors Housing, we wish you a joyful and healthy holiday season.
Jill Bada Interim
Chief Executive Officer