Skip to main content
Skip to main content
Change Language:

Copyright © 2022 Toronto Seniors Housing Corporation

Your rent is due on the first day of the month, every month.

As part of the transition to Toronto Seniors Housing, the way you pay your rent will stay the same for now. You will continue to pay rent to Toronto Community Housing. Rent is still due on the first day of each month.

You are not required to sign a new lease. The lease you originally signed with Toronto Community Housing has transferred to Toronto Seniors Housing.

1. Pre-authorized payment (PAP)

This is the easiest way to make sure your rent is always paid on time. For pre-authorized rent payment, your bank sends your rent payment from your bank account directly to your landlord every month. You will get a form to set up this type of payment when you sign your lease. If you need another copy, you can download the Pre-Authorized Debit Agreement form (PDF)​. If you need further assistance, please call the Tenant Support Centre at 416-945-0800.

Both your bank and your landlord will charge you a fee if there are not enough funds in your account on the first of each month.

2. Local bank, credit union, trust or cheque cashing company ​payment

You can also pay rent through your local bank, credit union, trust company or cheque cashing company.

If you would like to pay your rent this way, ask your Tenant Services Coordinator for your Tenant Account Number. You can also find this number on your lease.

When you go to the bank, you will need to tell the teller your Tenant Account Number and the amount of your rent. You can pay your rent by transferring money from your bank account or by paying cash. The teller will give you a receipt.​

3. Phone or online banking payment

You may be able to pay your rent by phone or online banking. Speak to someone at your bank, credit union or trust company to find out how.

4. In person

You can drop off a money order or cheque in your hub office. Some offices also have debit machines available.
Important: If you think you might miss or be late with a rent payment, call us.

We want to help you keep your home. If you miss rent payments, you will be in arrears. If you are in hospital or have a personal emergency, we can make special arrangements to help you. Call the Tenant Support Centre at 416-945-0800 so your Regional office knows. We can work with you to create a repayment plan.